Activity: 25 mins The power of visualisation
Cloud created by:
30 June 2009
Look at this representation of part of a course
- In groups explore the H808 design
- Does this give you a good overview of what is it the students are doing?
- How much time does each task take?
- Have the learning outcomes been met?
- Summarise your discussions here
Comment 1 by Alex Hardman
10:52am 30 June 2009
Q1) - THe task sequence is clear, but the resources area is less clear for me
Comment 2 by Alex Hardman
10:54am 30 June 2009
Q2) In terms of time taken I would find it easier if the was an "Expectations" heading that includes time taken etc
Comment 3 by Gilbert Peffer
10:59am 30 June 2009
- legend missing
- difficult to understand how long it takes to e.g. watch the pod cast; maybe numbers indicating time
- connections have no semantic labels (e.g. is A necessary to get to B?)
- it is not clear how the activities contribute to which learning outcomes
- the diagram is really a 'physical' representation; what is missing is a pedagogical representation
Comment 4 by Gilbert Peffer
11:02am 30 June 2009
Comment 5 by Gill Clough
11:23am 30 June 2009
Quite liked this as a representation from the designer's point of view of one small bit of the course. However I'd like to see another representation overlayed on this one showing what the learners are actually doing - engaging in forum discussions, sharing links to resources not identified by the course, bypassing specific bits of the course if they feel they don't need them.
Comment 6 by Gill Clough
11:45am 30 June 2009
Trying to create compendium map of Extract 1 of K113 Introducing Social Work Practice. We're putting the arrows in the direction that the learner would do the activities and access the resources, yet the example for H808 has the arrows from the resources in towards the task they relate to.
Just slide difference in perspective.
Comment 7 by Gill Clough
11:46am 30 June 2009
Icon use - Tool is used in H808 compendiumLD diagram, but we feel that resource is a better conceptualisation of thing like web pages and pdf resources,
Alex and Gill