Graphical Learning Modeller
Susanne Neumann talking at the Pedagogical Planner Summit, Open University, 6th July 2009
Cloud created by:
6 July 2009
Susann Neumann from the University of Vienna was talking about their graphical learning modeller tool.
- Doesn’t yet have a mac version yet
- IMS learning design specification
- Can distinguish between learning activity or a support activity; can enter a description of the activity
- Have a set of roles – learner is always there as a default, new role – instructor – can assign a role to an activity by drag and drop
- Advanced functionality – Level B – IMS, can create an “add on” within the activity dialogue – text work, upload files, Q&A and viewing assessment results
- Have a set of pre-factored teaching activities – such as blizicht, brainstorming, one-minute paper, inquiry-based discussion, reflective discussion, feedback, fishbowl, scaffolding, sandwich method, ten plus two, think-pair-share. Actually have a list of about 50 pre-defined templates.
- The ICOPER project is interested in looking at different representation formats of these pre-defined templates
- Can create an IMS manifest
- THE ICOPER project are looking at producing simple representations of the core templates