A fusion of mobile technology and Second Life in a learning environment to support the transition from school to university
0317 ALT-C 2009 J Magill, E Magill, B Canavan, A Devlin, M Pomerantz, J Trinder
Cloud created by:
The Cloudworks Team
27 August 2009
ALT-C 2009 Session: This Cloud has been set up to aggregate live blogs, comments, discussion and links for this session.
Summary of discussion so far...
- What are the ethical implications of working with informal communities in popular digital technologies?
- What ethical guidelines are there?
- Methodological issues of researching informal spaces
- Will the research cause harm or stress? Mismatch between practices in informal spaces and requirements/guidelines from university ethics boards
- Philosophical issue - the ways people use these technologies is symptomatic of an increasing postmodernity and so theorising about postmodern ethics connects to the practicalities of popular online ethics
10:56 on 13 September 2009 (Edited 10:18 on 7 December 2009)