Pedagogy profile flash widget
A tool for modelling student activities
Cloud created by:
9 October 2009
This is an experimental widget and so would welcome feedback. The tool is designed to help teachers (or learners) map different typs of student activities across a course or sequence of learning events. The work derives from a learning activity taxonomy (Conole, 2007; Conole 2008) that characterises the types of tasks learners undertake into six types:
- Assimilative (attending and understanding content),
- Information handling (e.g. gathering and classifying resources or manipulating data),
- Adaptive (use of modelling or simulation software),
- Communicative (dialogic activities, e.g. pair dialogues or group-based discussions),
- Productive (construction of an artefact such as a written essay, new chemical compound or a sculpture) and
- Experiential (practising skills in a particular context or undertaking an investigation).
- In addition the tool looks at the spread of assessment acros the course or sequence of learning activiites.
- Each row can represent a "unit of time" - so this might be a week, month or block. For each unit you then fill in the amount of time (say for example number of hours). Fill in each of the cells in the matrix
- Click "add' or 'delete' to vary the number of rows
- Click update to see the completed profile
- Profiles can be printed or saved as PDFs
This is an experimental tool we are developing, we would really welcome feedback on it.
10:30 on 11 October 2009