Resource: Information about Open Exeter
Cloud created by:
6 November 2009
Open Exeter is a JISC funded project to release existing learning resources under a suitable license for open use and repurposing.
The specific objectives of Open Exeter are:
- Make available via a Creative Commons licence, a minimum of the equivalent of 360 credits of learning resources, from a range of subjects and a wide variety of mediums.
- Make the resources available via JorumOpen and also Exeter's institutional repository.
- Create a suite of protocols and templates that will facilitate the workflow from identifying resources to making them accessible such that future resources can be released under the same sustainable conditions.
- Create an effective metadata schema so that resources can be readily found by end users.
- Create an environment within which resources can be effectively evaluated, used and repurposed as part of e.g. student / staff collaboration course design and delivery collaboration.