OPAL case study 16: Skills for Science project, Hull University & 17 other HE partners, UK
The HEA Physical Sciences Subject Centre has been sucessful in bidding for the HEFCE/JISC/Academy...
Cloud created by:
30 April 2010
The HEA Physical Sciences Subject Centre has been sucessful in bidding for the HEFCE/JISC/Academy Open Educational Resources (OER) programme. Their goal is to make a wide range of learning resources created by academics freely available, easily discovered and routinely re-used by both educators and learners. 'Skills for Scientists' is the collective title for physical sciences resources made available through this programme.
Promote awareness and active involvement in OER in the physical sciences community
- promote culture change
- develop a supported approach for people wanting to develop OER
- link relevant agencies together who can offer specialist support for developing OER
- identify key stakeholders to support the dissemination of OER
- provide evidence of the most successful dissemination routes for OER
- undertake OER awareness raising activities
- measure levels of engagement with OER
- measure levels of uptake and embedding of OER in partners' curricula
- provide a range of OER for the physical sciences community