How to use the toolkit
Cloud created by:
29 September 2010
The recommended methodology is described below in 5 main steps or stages.
We suggest that each institution should work in CAMEL cohorts.
For further details of the CAMEL approach, see http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/camel
- Decide upon focus (e.g. whole institution or faculty or programme)
- Identify and co-opt stakeholders
- Identify initiatives to align with (e.g. development of a WBL strategy)
- Agree the timescale and project plan, including defined roles (e.g. Project Manager)
COMMITMENT & CUSTOMISATION
- Meeting/workshop with all stakeholders to explain process and build commitment
- Select relevant criteria from the toolkit and customise as appropriate
EVIDENCE COLLECTION & SYNTHESIS
- Identify evidence needed to decide on “level of maturity” for each criterion
- Identify methods for gathering evidence
- Collect evidence
- Synthesise the evidence and produce a concise/usable report
"LEVELLING" WORKSHOP (led by senior management)
- Review evidence and report in “levelling” workshop with all stakeholders
- Assess your current performance against criteria/level statements
- Ensure that all stakeholders agree on:
- Vision & “enablers” / “barriers” for reaching the vision
- Recommendations for change
- Convene workshop with group who are identified to take forward the changes
- Develop action plan – and define measures of success
- Identify institutional structures, systems & champions which can take forward the changes
This process should produce the following outputs for the users:
- An assessment of their current performance in work-based learning.
- A vision of where they would like to get to.
- "Enablers" and "barriers"for reaching their vision.
- Recommendations for future actions.
- Plans for change management.