Cloudworks cloudquest challenge
Cloud created by:
6 October 2010
This activity has been designed as a way to introduce visitors to the Cloudworks space with a focus on finding resources, discussion and support for Learning Design. Start by registering with Cloudworks (if you haven’t already)
- Go to the Cloudworks home page
- Click on the red sign up button
- Complete the registration form
- Check your email for the account activation linkComplete email activation
Visit the ‘Using Cloudworks’ Cloudscape
- Watch ‘Cloudworks the Movie’
- Read the ‘How to embed…’ Cloud
A holistic approach to Learning Design
In February of this year Gráinne Conole presented to the Annual International CODE Symposium in Japan. In this presentation she explored in more detail a vision for a holistic approach to learning design.
- Look through and count the ways one can add to and improve the Cloud
A Learning Design workshop with trainee teachers in the UK
A few weeks ago we ran a workshop at the OU with a group of 40 teaching students. You might be interested in seeing the work that they did during the workshop, and the feedback we received from them. The group was mixed in both in terms of where they were in their course (some had just started and some about to finish) and also in their experience of using technologies both privately and professionally. None of them had used the four web 2.0 tools we introduced before. The Geographers and Mathematicians were happy for us to record their plenary presentation and these videos are embedded in the ‘Video Clips – Sharing and discussing designs’ Cloud.
- Find the workshop Cloudscape
- Look at the sharing and discussing designs videos
- Look at the feedback and compare with the feedback from the Cyprus workshop. What are the similarities and differences?
Cloudworks can also be used to share and discuss resources, tools and issues. Here are a couple I think are particularly interesting:
Which Clouds have you found that might be of interest to others?
I have set up a Cloud called ‘Interesting Clouds’. Go to this Cloud and add a link to a Cloud or Cloudscape you have found interesting and add a comment explaining why you have chosen it.