Opportunities - SWOT
Cloud created by:
14 October 2010
- A lot of interest in the open source version.
- Could we offer more personalization to the site?
- Potential with the API (Application Programmer Interface).
- Could data on Cloudworks be automatically sent to Twitter or more generally share content on a number of social networking sites?
- Cloud-it button.
- How do we spread the site more virally?
- Two areas for open source - research community, and learners/teachers platform.
- A dedicated OU forum.
- Closed spaces.
- More sophisticated ways of to deal with references.
- Work with the Moodle community.
- [Hook] into the EU community.
- EU Design Program.
- OPAL for OER.
- Work with the LAMS community.
- Work with the JISC community.
- Mobile version.
- OU-hosted versions of Cloudworks.
- OU internationalization - Andrew Law.
- Roadmap re-instates vision which means we're less likely to be reactive and more proactive.
- Interest about open source.
- Interest from bigger organizations (JISC, Elesig).
- Interest for a student facing site.
- It should be possible to hook people into post-event activity - addictiveness.
- Simplified mobile interface => (equates to) simple interface for conferences.
- Might be possible to connect different CloudEngines (open-source Cloudworks) — a federated approach.
- Open source couuld encourage people to develop "bolt-ons"/ new functionality, that is [e.g.] database.
- Idea for one non-relational (object-relational) database and many web-sites.
- More work could be done about use as a social archive.