Threats - SWOT
Cloud created by:
14 October 2010
- Competition from other sites — [Courdine], Facebook, Ning, Elgg.
- Lack of continuation money or support.
- How does it fit in with the OU.
- Dilution effect with lots of versions [open-source?]
- Issue with dealing with spam. How can we filter out low quality stuff?
- Political climate - less internal and external funding.
- If other projects get money and we don't, they will get priority.
- Inconsistent/ variable feedback — extremes of feedback and we develop responsively.
- Other sites (that is, EventBrite, etc.) which do similar things.
- People's expectations unrealistic, that is, about response (ie. used to forum).
- Expectations about new features.
- Change could be high risk (that is, see Flickr/ Facebook).
- Fragmentation of old site (user community) with open source.