Mobile Learning in Schools
Cloud created by:
19 March 2011
Presentation for the project paducationPresentation for the project paducation
The Hamburg Netbook Project and its Evaluation by the University of HamburgThe Hamburg Netbook Project and its Evaluation by the University of Hamburg
added by Lucia Müller
Comment 1 by Lucia Müller
1:07pm 30 March 2011
Hamburg Netbook Project:
Here you can find the evaluation study report to the Hamburg Netbook Project (German). On the website you can also find two documents with examples of teaching practice.
Müller, Lucia; Kammerl, Rudolf (2010): Wissenschaftliche Begleitung des Hamburger Netbook-Projekts. In: Behörde für Schule und Berufsbildung (Hrsg): Hamburger Netbook-Projekt. Sekundarstufen-Schulen. www.hamburg.de/hamburger-netbook-projekt
We presented the results of the evaluation study at the international SITE Conference 2011 (Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education) on March 8, 2011 in Nashville, TN, USA. If you are interested in the corresponding paper (English), which focuses on the topic of individualized education/personalized teaching with netbooks, please send an e-mail to Lucia.Mueller@uni-hamburg.de
Comment 2 by Lucia Müller
1:08pm 30 March 2011
Notes to the Workshop “Mobile Learning in School” (March 21, 2011)
Exchange and discussion panel – Some topics and statements:
- When talking about the effect and importance of mobile learning in school, it is important to consider the context.
- Standardized infrastructure vs. using the devices that students already have
- Motivation: Additional media use; no overload to keep up a motivational character
- Top down or bottom up? Do “they” (students, teachers) want (mobile) media usage?
- Students don’t want to learn every minute (e.g. in the bus), but they want to have the chance to choose the place and time for learning
- Additional offers; not compulsory
- Only giving students the devices isn’t enough; support, hints and visible efforts are important
- Teachers need to learn that students don’t always want to learn what is on the schedule/curriculum -> individualized education /personalized teaching and flexibility
- What about students who are used to work with mobile and personal devices in school when they change school and aren’t allowed to use these devices anymore?