Six Key Dilemmas Inherent to Openness in Education
Cloud created by:
25 October 2011
"Mere openness neither solves every problem nor comes w/o issues. Let's explore the moral, ethical, and other dilemmas inherent to sharing."
Draper identifies six key dilemmas:
- Why share?
- Honing thoughts through writing, reflection
- Assessing impact
- Opportunites for feedback, orientation
- Many have to be forced into it!
- Making the most of your efforts
- Love for humanity (!)
3. Open PD
- [This wasn't clear to me but apparently it's on the blog]
- Are infringements on privacy worth it?
- Being alienated by dependency on technology?
6.Imposing on the RIghts of Others
- Respect for the creations of others
[The latter part of this presentation felt rather rushed to me, and we didn't get much detail on some of the 'dilemmas'...RF]