Learning design research questions
Towards a shared research agenda
Cloud created by:
8 December 2008
Towards a research agenda for learning design research
- What are the overarching goals?
- What are we looking for?
- How can we identify it?
- How can it be re-produced?
- How can we measure it?
- To what extent can identification, production and measurement be automated
- What are the opportunities and limitations/pitfalls of this area of research?
1. Work towards a shared ontology for the field and a shared set of definitions
2. Identify the inter-relationship between research areas and where they align and don’t
3. Need to try and formualte a set of research questions, such as:
- What different design representations are there - what and whom are they for?
- What are the effects of learning design, what differentce does it make to teacher practice
- and to the learner experience?
- What are the theories and different prespectives of design (their capacity and preferences)?
- How are designs interpreted, validated and evaluated?
- Better understanding of the process and issues around sharing and repurposing of designs?
- We need to capture and analyse teachers' design practice?