joshuau: learning journal
Cloud created by:
4 December 2012
Reflections on my activity (learning & design work) throughout the oldsmooc.
This is part of my 'joshuau: portfolio' cloudscape.
Decided to do my reflection on this WordPress blog and embed here (if/when that works ;-)
I'm Josh. I'm hoping to participate throughout the oldsmooc and I am particuallry involved in week 2.
I'm interested in designing and delivering educational experiences of all sorts but I'm particulalry interested in:
- methods for design and innovation
- language learning and inquiry learning
- developing web-based and mobile stuff to support learning (trajectories) across settings and episodes.
13:43 on 4 December 2012 (Edited 15:08 on 4 December 2012)
My objectives for week 1
- Join a team and/or form one, preferably around a design challenge that is interesting to me.
- Start to describe that design challenge
- Revise & feel more confident about how I define Learning Design.
- Am I in a team by Jan 14th 2013?
- Is the teams' focus something that interests me?
- Do we have an initial description of the design challenge we want to address? I guess I'll want to look at the criteria around describing a design challenge to evaluate the extent to which we meet that objective.
- If I was asked to explain what I meant by 'learning design' at a job interview could I do it in a sentence in a way that held the interviewer's attention and sold me as a desireable person to work with... Or something like that ;-) Not sure how I'm going to assess that. By going to some job interviews perhaps?
15:11 on 4 December 2012 (Edited 12:54 on 20 December 2012)
My plans for week 2
I want to think about learner context for my project and share my thinking with others. I also want to see whether the way I think about learner context changes.
I've put my schedule for activity in week 2 in a calendar and I'm going to use that to co-ordinate with people in my design project team.
(update) I've rescheduled and deleted events from that calendar and now trying to use another calendar to co-ordinate with the people I want to work with.
- Gain some useful insights for design of my project (something around a MOOC for learning English vocabulary)
- Re-assess my own thinking about context
Assessment & Evaluation
- Do I have new ideas for my design project that seem useful? I guess I will write something about my design ideas at the beginning and end of the week and look at what has changed. Or maybe, I could ask some others to look at those two reflections and decide whether they see progress?
- I will do something similar for context. I'm not expecting my ideas about context to change much as I have spend a lot of time (probably too much) thinking about context!
- I will also reflect on my own experience of using the learning design/s that are part of week 2. How do I feel they helped (or didn't help) me achieve my objectives? How might they be improved?
11:41 on 20 December 2012 (Edited 14:57 on 17 January 2013)