George: My dream: Redesign & run First Steps into Learning and Teaching MOOC
Redesign FSLT13 for accreditation, and run the course successfully in May-June this year
Cloud created by:
9 January 2013
I have written this using the "OPEN" framework: Outcomes, Present stiuation, Exploration of alternatives, Next steps
- Achieve accreditation for one (or more?) (open?) online courses on topics about teaching in higher education, within the framework of the Brookes (OCSLD) New Lecturers Programme
- Exceed 200 participants satisfied, engaged, active and enjoying the open online course, "First steps into learning and teaching in higher education"
- Achieve 25 (fee-paying) enrolments for assessment and CATS credit (pending, see above) on the open online course
- Complete revision of the design for "First Steps into Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (fslt) 2013" (massive) open online course.
- Develop other courses within the framework?
- National and institutional developments in open online courses...
- Successful pilot of fslt last year (http://openbrookes.net/firststeps12/)
- Successful programme of closed, non-accredited on-line courses
- Respected, successful HEA accredited PG Cert
- MOOC with accreditation
- Non-accredited MOOC
- Accredited closed course?
- Non-accredited (cpd) closed course
- Do nothing? (Not an option?)
- What else?
- Form study circle in OLDS MOOC in parallel with programme development group (PDG)
- Set up Google doc for collaborative working
- Set deadlines