Awards not courses (modules)
Focussing on awards that comprise modules that have different points e.g. 10, 15, etc
Cloud created by:
15 January 2009
Aim: Students register for awards rather than modules.
- Current systems are course based (e.g. course approvals, registrations, award boards)
- How to allow those students who just want to study a module fit into the new award based system.
- Adapting existing courses into smaller modules.
- tracking and verifying students achievements through the award
- Continuity of tuition and the student experience with shorter modules.
- Regional engagement with new model and being able to facilitate tutoring the whole award.
How to address the challenges:
- Review current course based approvals to fit Awards. Programme Committee's would consider whole Awards at the various stage gates than individual courses.
- Award Boards to be run twice a year, to award for a collection of modules to reduce the overall number of award boards.
- Make resources available for adapting courses into smaller modules.
- Discussion with regions to negotiate award based tutoring.