Cloud created by:
15 January 2009
Project about using ARGs within language education led by Professor Thomas M Connolly.
From the project info:
The project has created a number of resources that are available online, these include:
- A re-usable game platform (on a Moodle platform) that includes multiple languages http://ictthatworks.net:8080/moodle/ - you can view inside the platform by sending an email to me. Please place in the subject line of the email – TofB platform
- A project website with additional information http://www.arg-education.eu . On the website are papers to download including:
- A methodology to make and use Alternate Reality Games in education
- A set of case studies of other ARGs and serious games with empirical evidence of results
- A set of use case scenarios that show examples of how ARGs could be used for other subjects or cross-subjects
- An online teacher training course to enable educators to use the ARG the project produced
- Summaries of papers on the pedagogy, evaluation and the technology employed. (full papers are available in the conference proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Games Based Learning http://academic-conferences.org/ecgbl/ecgbl2009/ecgbl09-proceedings.htm )
13:52 on 4 November 2009 (Edited 16:05 on 5 November 2009)
Comment 1 by Simon Brookes
4:03pm 5 November 2009
Hi you might be interested to read my recent blog post which is essentially a poster I delivered on ARGs for teaching enterprise education.
Comment 2 by Juliette Culver
4:07pm 5 November 2009
I actually saw that blog post the other day and thought that we ought to have a cloud here about that project - would you be happy to create one and add it to the ARGs in Education cloudscape?
Comment 3 by Simon Brookes
4:08pm 5 November 2009
I was just trying to work out how to do that as your message popped up Juliette :)
Comment 4 by Simon Brookes
4:15pm 5 November 2009
cant seem to add to the cloudscape though.
Comment 5 by Juliette Culver
4:43pm 5 November 2009
Ah, the cloudscape wasn't set up so other people could add clouds to it - oops! Have changed that and also added it.
Should have set things up now so your comments won't get moderated too - sorry about that, the spam prevention system that we use goes on mad rampages occasionally...