Method: OULDI - OU Learning Design Initiative
Cloud created by:
24 January 2013
"Our aim is to develop and implement a methodology for learning design composed of tools, practice and other innovation that both builds upon, and contributes to, existing academic and practioner research"
This brings together some of the tools and resources listed in the Learning Design toolbox on Cloudworks .
As quoted from the site: http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/OULDI/
- CompendiumLD: software for creating and designing visual representations of a learning design. Support material includes an introductory sheet and videos, two tutorials and reference sheets.
- Cloudworks: a social networking website used by indivduals and communities of practice for sharing and discussing learning and teaching ideas and designs.
- Course Map: a template for creating an ‘at a glance’ representation view of a course or module (in paper or Excel formats)
- Course Features Card Sort: around 45 cards to help module teams decide on and describe their course (available as standard printable cards)
- Activity profile: is designed to help teachers (and learners) map different types of learning activities across a course or sequence of learning events (in paper or Excel formats).
- Information Literacies Facilitation Cards (OU): sets of cards relating to different academic levels that will help effectively integrate 4 information literacy skills areas into modules or programmes.