CONF TIPS: What you need to do if attending the live presentations
Cloud created by:
Dr Simon Ball
14 January 2014
If you are attending or participating in the online conference, here are a few tips:
- Register here in Cloudworks if you haven't already - this enables you to comment on the sessions asynchronously via their posters.
- Familiarise yourself with Online Rooms prior to the actual conference start date, so you don't miss anything. Information on how to do this can be found in the OU's Computing Guide at https://learn1.open.ac.uk/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=17649
- You may wish to test that your computer will run Online Rooms (Adobe Connect) smoothly by visiting https://ou.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm and you may also wish to test your audio by entering a room created specifically for this purpose https://learn1.open.ac.uk/mod/connecthosted/view.php?id=13922 . Finally you may wish to access the Accessibility guidance page https://learn1.open.ac.uk/mod/oucontent/view.php?id=16370 (links open in a new window)
- Prior to the conference look through the posters attached to this Cloudspace to decide which sessions interest you, and check back here periodically for any discussions or content.
- Join us in OU Live for some/all/part of the three sessions on February 15th, 17th and 19th - feel free to ask questions of the presenter after each presentation (questions may be asked only by text chat). You may also submit questions to the conference organiser (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be asked on your behalf. Do ensure you start the login process a good 15 minutes before the start time of the conference session, to allow for installing Online Rooms and getting your audio sorted.