#taggedlife: a mobile game and social experiement
Cloud created by:
20 January 2014
#taggedlife is a social event, a mobile game, and an experiment in complex systems, social dynamics and ethics.
The questions it explores span multiple dimensions:
- what are the system dynamics of memes? what does the spread of a social phenomena over time and space look like?
- how easy or hard is it to get people to reveal personal information online?
- what are our roles and responsibilities as researchers engaging with such questions?
It explores these questions through a simple, game-like activity. We will set up a stand in Bristol, and hand out instructions for the #taggedlife game.
The instructions, a QR code, and a map of the tweets are available on the game page:
We will use Martin Hawksey's TAGS to map these tweets and explore their evolution over time and space.
taggedlife is a social event, a mobile game, and an experiment in complex systems, social dynamics and ethics.
- Find someone who uses twitter on their phone
- Tell them about this game
- Tell them something personal about yourself
- Ask them to tweet that something to #taggedlife with your twitter name
- Ask them to find cool #taggedlife tweets and retweet them
- Invite them to join the game
12:20 on 27 February 2014 (Edited 12:26 on 27 February 2014)