H800 Flash debates
A space for flash debates for students on the H800 MAODE OU course
Cloudscape created by:
25 November 2009
This space has been set up for students on the H800 MAODE OU course. Use this space to add Flash Debate Clouds which have been created that are associated with issues arising out of the course. A creating Flash Debates cloud is available here and has also been added to this cloudscape.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- A well-designed VLE or LMS can support any kind of online learning activity, so there is no need to use web tools for learning. (8 comments)
- Carrot or Stick? How to reach tipping point with a new technology in an institution. (10 comments)
- Changing to a new technology is hard? (16 comments)
- Distance Learning problems with Teaching Physics (2 comments)
- from lurking to learning (26 comments)
- H800 Using Cloudworks on the H800 course (34 comments)
- Has Twitter already peaked? (26 comments)
- How can best practice and the wealth of successes with technologies in education be used to overcome institutionalised resistance to change? (16 comments)
- How can tagging serve to make training and teaching more effective? (17 comments)
- How could we improve Cloudworks? (27 comments)
- How do discussions in closed spaces like password protected forums compare with open debates in spaces like cloudworks? (6 comments)
- How social networking tools like Facebook and Twitter can be used in education? (28 comments)
- Is being connected 24/7 aiding our ability to learn or are we all suffering from 'inane information overload' as a consequence? (5 comments)
- Lurkers as Learners (2 comments)
- One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) - the future for classrooms? (13 comments)
- Setting up a flash debate
- Text is a more interactive way to teach than video. (31 comments)
- The End of Certification? (1 comment)
- To what extent is Twitter an effective tool within a school environment? (1 comment)
- We don't need no (copyright) education? (9 comments)
- What exactly does a learning design tool need to support? (What's essential? What's merely useful?) (8 comments)
- What works best and when : Elluminate or Flashmeeting? Or none of the above? (28 comments)
- What works best for distance education: synchronous or asynchronous communication? (24 comments)
- Wikipedia is acceptable to use as a reference for an academic piece of writing!? (14 comments)
- "Like Brendan just starting Block 2.
I am on a tight timeschedule and could easily spend too long in...
added to H800 Using Cloudworks on the H800 course by Jeni Parker on 12 April 2015
- "Just starting block 2 and submitted my claiim for a cloudquester badge- nice name btw. I like...
added to H800 Using Cloudworks on the H800 course by Brendan Clarke on 6 April 2015
- "I've been active online since 1996, blogging since 1999 and on Wordpress since 2007. All I look for...
added to How could we improve Cloudworks? by Jonathan Vernon on 8 May 2013
- "Eliminate is discriminatory. Users need to download toe .jnlp client and have up to date Java. In...
added to What works best and when : Elluminate or Flashmeeting? Or none of the above? by Judy Bloxham on 24 March 2013
- "I found the cards quite hard to engage with to start with. I have the idea of a learning cycle in...
added to What exactly does a learning design tool need to support? (What's essential? What's merely useful?) by Will Pollard on 28 January 2013
- "One taught reflectin on this topic on learning design and tool
Are there any differences inway f...
added to What exactly does a learning design tool need to support? (What's essential? What's merely useful?) by Ebba Ossiannilsson on 25 January 2013
- "Totally agree that the tool needs to be simple otherwise teachers will not engage with it. They...
added to What exactly does a learning design tool need to support? (What's essential? What's merely useful?) by Gráinne Conole on 25 January 2013
- "Hi Shaun good oomments - there is so much out there now it can be overwhelming but the power of...
added to H800 Using Cloudworks on the H800 course by Gráinne Conole on 11 May 2012
- "I agree with Khorshed's comment, namely that the feeling I have on H800 is that as a result of...
added to H800 Using Cloudworks on the H800 course by Shaun Lowry on 9 May 2012
- "Trying to think of practical ways to 'encourage' a move from lurking to participating I have been...
added to from lurking to learning by David Alcock on 4 May 2012