IET Technology Coffee Mornings - 2013 Schedule
2 April 2013 - 11 December 2013
at 10:00 am in Meeting Room 1, Jennie Lee Building (or occasionally in the Ambient Technology Lab, Jennie Lee Building)
Exploring, demonstrating and discussing different aspects of using technology in education
Cloudscape created by:
26 May 2010
The Institute of Educational Technology at the Open University (UK) hosts a series of technology coffee mornings (IET TCMs) in which different aspects of the use of technology in education is explored, demonstrated and discussed. The coffee mornings are informal, drop in events for sharing good practice and research.
Live Link to online broadcasts
If you are based on campus please join us for these informal, face-to-face sessions, have a cup of coffee/tea (with biscuits!) and contribute to the discussion.
These events are also broadcast live online for everyone to watch and are recorded for replay.
Technology Coffee Morning Schedule 2013 - 10:00 - 11:30
03 April 2013 - Jacek Kopecky (KMi)
ParkJam: Crowdsourcing Parking Availability Information with Linked Data
17 April 2013 - Professor Agnes Kukulska-Hulme (IET)
Mobile phones, migrants and incidental learning
01 May 2013 - Dr Chetz Colwell, Dr Anne Jelfs, Graham Healing, Phil Downs (IET)
Conducting usability evaluations remotely
15 May 2013 - Dr Elizabeth FitzGerald and Dr Anne Adams (IET)
Catwalk technologies and researching in the wild
5 June 2013 - Dr Clara Mancini (MCT)
ACI - Animal-Computer Interaction
19 June 2013 - Dr Anne Adams, Dr Gill Clough, Dr Simon Cross, Dr Liz Hartnett, Professor Eileen Scanlon, Dr Mike Sharples (IET) and Professor Steve Swithenby (Science)
JUXTALEARN: Overcoming 'I don't understand why they don't understand'
03 July 2013 - Rhodri Thomas (IT) and Sharon Monie (LTS)
OU Live, powered by Blackboard Collaborate
17 July 2013 - Professor Patrick McAndrew (IET)
What makes openness work?
04 September 2013 - Dr Doug Clow (IET)
iSpot Project - latest additional features
18 September 2013 - Dr Simon Cross (IET) - APOLOGIES POSTPONED UNTIL2014
Learner experiences and the personalising of paths through a (massive) open online course
02 October 2013 - Professor John Domingue (KMi)
NoTube: supporting the future of Internet TV via services and Linked Data
16 October 2013 - Professor Helen Sharp and Dr Mark Woodroffe (MCT)
Novice Interaction designers' behaviour in different cultures
06 November 2013 - Guy Carberry (Student Services)
Responsive Web Design (THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED)
20 November 2013 - Professor Nicholas Braithwaite (Science)
The OpenScience Laboratory: at the cutting edge of practical science
04 December 2013 - Will Woods (IET)
iSpot Mobile Presentation
General information about IET Technology Coffee mornings
- The presentations are held in the Jennie Lee Building Meeting Room 1 (Ground Floor) or occasionally in the Jennie Lee Building Ambient Technology Lab (Ground floor). Please check the schedule for locations of individual events.
- The coffee mornings run from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. with up to an hour for the presentation, and up to 30 minutes for questions, depending on the presenter.
- Each event is recorded live and a podcast is created for each event for those unable to attend or those who would like to view the session again. Please click on the relevant title for the live links. Only the events in Meeting room 1 are live broadcast.
- We welcome your feedback and there is an online discussion area for each IET TCM on Cloudworks where you can explain your views, so please feel free to post your comments.
- The IET TCMs take place each year from April to December (excluding August).
- A new list of speakers and subjects to be presented are uploaded in the early part of each year, though the programme responds to latest developments so is subject to change throughout the year. We publish documents and pictures about the events as they progress so please check the schedule for updates.
IET TCM podcast recordings
To access past TCM podcasts please click on IET Technology Coffee mornings (OU Podcasts)
How do I join the mailing list?
Reflecting the informal nature of the IET TCM's, just subscribe to the TCM mailing list to receive updates:
- For members of staff at the OU, go to the OU mailing lists, look for 'iet-techcoffee-list' and click on 'Subscribe'. If you are a tutor you should use your OU email address without the final 'open.ac.uk' - for example 'xyz123@tutor'.
- For anyone else, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to the mailing list
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- IET TCM Event 2013: A protocol study of student interaction designers in Botswana and the UK: results and implications
- IET TCM Event 2013: ACI - Animal-Computer Interaction (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event 2013: Catwalk technologies and researching in the wild
- IET TCM Event 2013: Conducting Usability Evaluations Remotely (2 comments)
- IET TCM Event 2013: iSpot Mobile Presentation
- IET TCM Event 2013: iSpot Project - latest additional features
- IET TCM Event 2013: JUXTALEARN: Overcoming ‘I don’t understand why they don’t understand’
- IET TCM Event 2013: Learner experiences and the personalising of paths through a (massive) open online course
- IET TCM Event 2013: Mobile Phones, Migrants and Incidental Learning (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event 2013: NoTube: supporting the future of Internet TV via services and Linked Data
- IET TCM Event 2013: OU Live, powered by Blackboard Collaborate (4 comments)
- IET TCM Event 2013: ParkJam: Crowdsourcing Parking Availability Information with Linked Data
- IET TCM Event 2013: Responsive Web Design
- IET TCM Event 2013: What makes openness work?
- IET TCM Event 2013:The OpenScience Laboratory: at the cutting edge of practical science (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: 'ICT', schools and professional development the Vital story
- IET TCM Event: Creative approaches to cross-platform content on YouTube and iTunes U'
- IET TCM Event: English in Action: using mobile phones to support professional development in Bangladesh (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: Introduction to Responsive Open Learning Environment (11 comments)
- IET TCM Event: Learning from Bridge to Success (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event: Novice interaction designers' behaviour in different cultures (2 comments)
- IET TCM Event: OpenLearn: the changing landscape of OER (5 comments)
- IET TCM Event: Our Enquiry Blogger Project
- IET TCM Event: Pelagios2 Project (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: Realtime Collaboration - Postponed
- IET TCM Event: Supporting Learners in Mobile Discovery of Library Resources (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: The nQuire system for Personal Inquiry Learning
- IET TCM Event: uBase: Browsing and searching in image databases using image content
- IET TCM Event: Using Google Apps to Facilitate Dialectical Education (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event: What I learnt from 'Flickr Photo a Day' (4 comments)
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2010
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2011
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2012
- "I'll be very interested to learn how "the nature of experimentation over the internet" is...
added to IET TCM Event 2013:The OpenScience Laboratory: at the cutting edge of practical science by Robert Farrow on 15 November 2013
- IET TCM Event 2013: What makes openness work? presented by Professor Patrick McAndrew, Dr Leigh-Anne Perryman, Dr Rob Farrow, Dr Beck Pitt, Dr Bea do los Arcos, Simone Arthur, Dr Nick Freear and Claire Walker
new embedded content added to the cloud IET TCM Event 2013: What makes openness work? by Lynda Davies on 18 July 2013
- JISC Track OER slides
new embedded content added to the cloud IET TCM Event 2013: What makes openness work? by Nick Freear on 17 July 2013
- "My job involves analysing data from all kinds of operational systems. This will include analysing...
added to IET TCM Event 2013: OU Live, powered by Blackboard Collaborate by Jim Peard on 8 July 2013