IET Technology Coffee Mornings - 2013 Schedule
3 April 2013 - 11 December 2013
Presentations are held in Meeting Room 1 and occasionally the Main Ambient Lab within the Jennie Lee Building
IET Coffee Mornings - New schedule for 2013
Cloudscape created by:
26 May 2010
The Institute of Educational Technology at the Open University (UK) host a series of technology coffee mornings each year from April to December excluding August. A new list of speakers and subjects to be presented are uploaded in the early part of each year. We will be publishing documents and pictures about the events as they progress so please keep checking for updates.
Each event is recorded live and a podcast is created for each event for those unable to attend or those that would like to view the session again. The link to the podcasts can be found at the bottom of the schedule. Please click on the relevant title for the live links.
We welcome your feedback and there is a discussion area where you can post your views, so please feel free to post your comments.
The presentations will be held in the Jennie Lee Building Meeting Room 1 Ground Floor or occasionally in the Jennie Lee Building Main Ambient Lab Ground floor. Please check the schedule below for their location.
The coffee mornings run from 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. with up to an hour for the presentation, and up to 30 minutes for questions,depending on the presenter.
Technology Coffee Morning Schedule 2013
03 April 2013 - Jacek Kopecky (KMi)
ParkJam: Crowdsourcing Parking Availability Information with Linked Data
17 April 2013 - Professor Agnes Kukulska-Hulme (IET)
Mobile phones, migrants and incidental learning
01 May 2013 - Dr Chetz Colwell, Dr Anne Jelfs, Graham Healing, Phil Downs (IET)
Conducting usability evaluations remotely
15 May 2013 - Dr Elizabeth FitzGerald and Dr Anne Adams (IET)
Catwalk technologies and researching in the wild
5 June 2013 - Dr Clara Mancini (MCT)
ACI - Animal-~Computer Interaction
19 June 2013 - Dr Anne Adams, Dr Gill Clough, Dr Simon Cross, Dr Liz Hartnett, Professor Eileen Scanlon, Dr Mike Sharples (IET) and Professor Steve Swithenby (Science)
JUXTALEARN: Overcoming 'I don't understand why they don't understand'
03 July 2013 - Dr Doug Clow) (IET)
17 July 2013 - Professor Patrick McAndrew (IET)
What makes openness work?
04 September 2013 - Andrew McDermott (LTS)
Digital ventures-interactive eBooks and iTunesU courses
18 September 2013 - Dr Simon Cross (IET)
Learner experiences and the personalising of paths through a (massive) open online course
02 October 2013 - Professor John Domingue (KMi)
NoTube: supporting the future of Internet TV via services and Linked Data
16 October 2013 - Professor Helen Sharp and Dr Mark Woodroffe (MCT)
Novice Interaction designers' behaviour in different cultures
06 November 2013 - Guy Carberry (Student Services)
Responsive Web Design
20 November 2013 - Dr Kat Garrow (Science)
The OpenScience Laboratory: at the cutting edge of practical science
04 December 2013 - Will Woods (IET)
iSpot Mobile Presentation
11 December 2013 - TBA
Details to be advised
To access past TCM podcasts please click on link
How do I become a member?
Reflecting the informal nature of the TCM's, to 'join' all you have to do is subscribe to the TCM mailing list.
For members of staff at the OU, go to the OU mailing lists, look for 'iet-techcoffee-list' and click on 'Subscribe'. If you are a tutor you should use your OU email address without the final 'open.ac.uk' - for example 'xyz123@tutor'.
For anyone else, please contact Lynda Davies email@example.com to subscribe to the mailing list
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- IET TCM Event 2013: ACI - Animal-Computer Interaction
- IET TCM Event 2013: Catwalk technologies and researching in the wild
- IET TCM Event 2013: Conducting Usability Evaluations Remotely (2 comments)
- IET TCM Event 2013: Digital Ventures – interactive eBooks and iTunesU courses
- IET TCM Event 2013: iSpot Mobile Presentation
- IET TCM Event 2013: iSpot Project
- IET TCM Event 2013: JUXTALEARN: Overcoming ‘I don’t understand why they don’t understand’
- IET TCM Event 2013: Learner experiences and the personalising of paths through a (massive) open online course
- IET TCM Event 2013: Mobile Phones, Migrants and Incidental Learning (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event 2013: NoTube: supporting the future of Internet TV via services and Linked Data
- IET TCM Event 2013: Novice interaction designers' behaviour in different cultures
- IET TCM Event 2013: ParkJam: Crowdsourcing Parking Availability Information with Linked Data
- IET TCM Event 2013: Responsive Web Design
- IET TCM Event 2013: TBA
- IET TCM Event 2013: What makes openness work?
- IET TCM Event 2013:The OpenScience Laboratory: at the cutting edge of practical science
- IET TCM Event: 'ICT', schools and professional development the Vital story
- IET TCM Event: Creative approaches to cross-platform content on YouTube and iTunes U'
- IET TCM Event: English in Action: using mobile phones to support professional development in Bangladesh (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: Introduction to Responsive Open Learning Environment
- IET TCM Event: Learning from Bridge to Success (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event: Novice interaction designers' behaviour in different cultures (2 comments)
- IET TCM Event: OpenLearn: the changing landscape of OER (5 comments)
- IET TCM Event: Our Enquiry Blogger Project
- IET TCM Event: Pelagios2 Project (1 comment)
- IET TCM Event: Realtime Collaboration - Postponed
- IET TCM Event: The nQuire system for Personal Inquiry Learning
- IET TCM Event: uBase: Browsing and searching in image databases using image content
- IET TCM Event: Using Google Apps to Facilitate Dialectical Education (3 comments)
- IET TCM Event: What I learnt from 'Flickr Photo a Day' (4 comments)
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2010
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2011
- IET Technology Coffee Mornings Schedule 2012
- TCM Event: Supporting Learners in Mobile Discovery of Library Resources (1 comment)