EnROLE & OLNet Fellowship at OU
Learning design descriptions for role-based e-learning
Cloudscape created by:
15 September 2011
Several descriptions of online role plays from the EnROLE repository (http://enrole.uow.edu.au) are amalgamated in this cloudscape in order to foster discussion about useful methods for describing learning designs. See list of role plays below on this page.
For each of the role play Clouds in this Cloudscape, we invite you to add other ways of describing its learning design.
This discussion is a follow up to Project EnROLE 2006-2009 in Australia which in turn was a follow up to the Learning Designs Project 2000-2003 (http://learningdesigns.uow.edu.au).
Over 70 role play descriptions are in the EnROLE repository. The EnROLE team deliberately chose the two page/two picture template for describing each role play learning design. The decision was in part a reaction to the denser structured flowchart approach taken in the Learning Designs Project.
Since then LAMS (http://www.lamsinternational.com) has emerged as another visual sequential description method as well as CompendiumLD (http://compendiumld.open.ac.uk), the Patterns approach and my own work on SImulation Triads and Design Decision Frameworks.
Project EnROLE did not have time to formally test whether their two page/two picture approach to learning design description was "better" - but that's probably not quite the right research question anyway.
Therefore this Cloudscape is a forum for discussion about the appropriateness of different learning design descriptions for different audiences. It is using online role play as the particular context for the discussion because online role play has very often been pointed to as an example of "good" learning design (http://enrole.uow.edu.au/resources.html)
An overview of the different methods for describing learning designs is in the cloud listed below titled "A Collection...." or click here http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/5705
This Cloudscape has been developed as part of an OLNet Fellowship at the OU in September/October 2011. The Fellowship objectives are:
- build researcher discussions within Cloudworks around an existing rich collection of learning designs on online role play and simulation
- refine frameworks for description of CSCL learning
- test visualisation metaphors for accessing learning design descriptions in repositories
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- A collection of different methods for describing role-based learning designs (3 comments)
- A presentation for visualising learning designs (2 comments)
- Accident Investigation Simulation (2 comments)
- Ardcalloch Simulation (1 comment)
- First Fleet Online Role Play (2 comments)
- Foochow Road Shanghai Online Role Play (1 comment)
- Idontgotouni Online Role Play (1 comment)
- Mekong eSim (2 comments)
- Middle Eastern Politics Simulation (1 comment)
- Political Science Simulation (1 comment)
- Progress to date
- Roundtable Discussion: Environmental Decision Making (1 comment)
- Roundtable Discussion: Pain Education (1 comment)
- Save Wallaby Forest Online Role Play (1 comment)
- Scarlet Letter Online Role Play (1 comment)
- Securities Market Regulation Online Role Play (1 comment)
- Versailles Treaty (2 comments)
- "It has wide range of gaming series and provide a real xblivecodes.net sense of gaming...
added to Accident Investigation Simulation by sunny yadav on 25 July 2017
- "Wollongong Workshop June 12th Group Feedback:
2 page/2 picture
strength - big picture, room for...
added to Versailles Treaty by Sandra Wills on 13 June 2012
- "Wollongong Workshop June 12th Group Feedback
Two Page/Two Picture Format - like, overall it is...
added to Mekong eSim by Sandra Wills on 13 June 2012
- "Wollongong Workshop June 12 Group Feedback
Learning Design Sequence
Strengths - Categories,...
added to First Fleet Online Role Play by Sandra Wills on 13 June 2012
- Description using LAMS
new embedded content added to the cloud First Fleet Online Role Play by Sandra Wills on 11 June 2012
- Description using LAMS
new embedded content added to the cloud Middle Eastern Politics Simulation by Sandra Wills on 11 June 2012
- Description using Design Decisions Framework
new embedded content added to the cloud Versailles Treaty by Sandra Wills on 11 June 2012
- Table showing progress
new embedded content added to the cloud Progress to date by Sandra Wills on 11 June 2012
- Progress to date
cloud added to the cloudscape EnROLE & OLNet Fellowship at OU by Sandra Wills on 10 June 2012
- Description using Simulation Triad
new embedded content added to the cloud Versailles Treaty by Sandra Wills on 10 June 2012