Apply phase 1 of the Ecology of Resource Design Framework to your project to help you identify:
- help (resources) that may be available to learners & your design.
- constraints (filters) on participants' interactions with resources.
- people and technology that may be able to guide learners and provide and remove help in ways that encouraging learning (More Able Partners MAPs).
- Look at the Ecology of Resources introduction cloud
- Look at How to develop an Ecology of Resources model phase 1 and look through some more examples.
- Use the eor phase 1 templates to consider potentially available resources in your project and create an initial EoR learner context model for your design challenge.
- Create a cloud called "[yourname]: eor phase 1" to display your EoR learner context models and related analysis you want to share (example). Add that cloud to this cloudscape and to your portfolio.
- Look out for other participants' clouds and provide feedback. Request feedback on your cloud.
- Re-read your initial scenario and consider revising it to make use of sources of help and acknowledge filters you have identified. What insights, if any, have you gained through phase 1 of the EoR framework? Add your thoughts to your cloud (or portfolio).
If you're tweeting about this week's activity, use the oldsmooc-w2 hashtag and your tweet will appear on the sidebar.
You can leave feedback on any activity in the discussion around the corresponding cloud and/or using the feedback form.
Help: Probably the best place to ask for help with any of the activities is on the oldsmooc discussion forum, use the week and activity number for topic.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Show all
- Participants' EOR phase 1 models
- [AK] EoR Phase 1 (3 comments)
- [Catherine] : EoR phase 1
- 1 EOR - Online Graphic Design (below HE level) (1 comment)
- 1 EOR: How to develop an Ecology of Resources model (2 comments)
- 1 EOR: Templates - Ecology of Resources, Phase 1
- EOR: Example uses of the Ecology of Resources Design Framework
- Introduction to the Ecology of Resources
- joshuau: eor phase 1 (2 comments)
- Marie Arndt: EoR Phase 1
- MOOC_workshop: eor phase 1
- Marie Arndt: EoR Phase 1
cloud added to the cloudscape 1 EOR: What help is potentially available in learners' contexts? by Marie Arndt on 6 February 2013
- EoR phase 1: learner context model for MOOC participant
new embedded content added to the cloud [Catherine] : EoR phase 1 by Catherine El-Bez on 22 January 2013
- "Hi Caroline, tell me about it! It can be very time-consuming. I think the thing, as with scenarios,...
added to joshuau: eor phase 1 by Joshua Underwood on 22 January 2013
- "Leslie, it was a good question and I was looking forward to answering :-(
For people looking for...
added to 1 EOR: How to develop an Ecology of Resources model by Joshua Underwood on 22 January 2013
- "Comment withdrawn. Apologies....
added to 1 EOR: How to develop an Ecology of Resources model by Leslie Jacobs Cowley on 21 January 2013
- "Hi Sancha, this looks like a great start for an EoR model of context. I'm not familiar with the...
added to 1 EOR - Online Graphic Design (below HE level) by Joshua Underwood on 20 January 2013
- "Would be great to hear where you & Inge take it - obviously in a course like this we can only...
added to [AK] EoR Phase 1 by Joshua Underwood on 20 January 2013
- "Thanks for the brainstorm :-)
This is quite rough and rudimentary, I admit, I gave myself a...
added to [AK] EoR Phase 1 by Apostolos Koutropoulos on 20 January 2013
- "I think you already identified important potential MAPs in your scenario. The instructor...
added to [AK] EoR Phase 1 by Joshua Underwood on 19 January 2013
- "Uao!! This is really great. I am reading this EoR and I liked it very much. It seems to me it is...
added to joshuau: eor phase 1 by caroline kuhn on 19 January 2013