Use this cloudscape to exchange ideas about context & learning design and contextual approaches to learning design.
- Look at your own and others' scenarios. What aspects of context do these scenarios include (or not include)? Why are these important for learning design? Brainstorm and/or mindmap your ideas on paper or otherwise.
- Look through these thoughts on context, design and learning. Are these useful with respect to your learning design project? Why? How?
- Create your own mindmap for context or add your thoughts to and/or adjust this context for learning design mind map as you see fit.
- Add your mindmaps as clouds to this cloudscape and/or discuss and post links in the discusion forum on this thread.
(Extension) Consider approaches to context and learning design.
- Explore & share contextual approaches to learning design in more depth. Search and scan to find 2 approaches that appeal to you. Then read/skim through and summarise: how do the approaches you found describe context? how do they use context in design? See ways of thinking about context and approaches to contextual design.
If you're tweeting about this week's activity, use the oldsmooc-w2 hashtag and your tweet will appear on the sidebar.
You can leave feedback on any activity in the discussion around the corresponding cloud and/or using the feedback form.
Help: Probably the best place to ask for help with any of the activities is on the oldsmooc discussion forum, use the week and activity number for topic.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
- "To me, a learning designer, context is everything. Like a hammer is a great tool – in the...
added to Ways of thinking about context & approaches to contextual design by Alice （Xin） Huang on 23 January 2013
- "I like the way you envisage context as dynamic, changing alongside development. I think this...
added to Visual exploring context, learning literacies, subject knowledge & skills and learning design by Joshua Underwood on 22 January 2013
- Visual exploring context, learning literacies, subject knowledge & skills and learning design
cloud added to the cloudscape Context for Learning Design by Joe Nicholls on 19 January 2013
- "I very much agree with your initial sentiments Jonathan but I'm nost sure what you mean by BRAVE?...
added to Ways of thinking about context & approaches to contextual design by Joshua Underwood on 18 January 2013
- "Ignore your student, the user, your client, the customer at your peril. It is all about them, not...
added to Ways of thinking about context & approaches to contextual design by Jonathan Vernon on 18 January 2013
- At 30s some thoughts about context - Prof. Rose Luckin
new embedded content added to the cloud Ways of thinking about context & approaches to contextual design by Joshua Underwood on 21 December 2012
- "Possibly easier to add content you think is relevant on bibSomony with the tag oldsmooc-w2 and...
added to Ways of thinking about context & approaches to contextual design by Joshua Underwood on 5 December 2012