H800 Design Narratives
Cloudscape created by:
6 December 2012
- create a cloud called “<your name>’s design narrative: <title>”. If you have never used cloudworks before, you should find these clouds and cloudscapes helpful: http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/2700, http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloud/view/2699, http://cloudworks.ac.uk/cloudscape/view/1911
- Edit your design narrative cloud, using the template below (copy and paste it to your cloud), to tell the story of your personal learning design experience.
- Review two design narratives posted by other students, and comment on them. Particularly, note any unclear or ambiguous details – is the narrator making implicit assumptions? Are her claims regarding the effects of her design grounded in evidence? Are her conclusions well-founded? (If you’re an early bird, and you posted your narrative quickly, you may need to more on and return to this task later).
design narrative template
Title choose an informative and attractive name
What was your role in the story?
Describe the physical, social and intentional factors that define the design space. E.g. where and when did this occur? In what kind of space? Who were the key actors, and what were the relations between them? What where the beliefs and desires which shaped their interaction?
What were you trying to achieve? What was your measure of success?
List the actions you took in chronological order, note their effects – expected and unexpected. Highlight any obstacles you encountered, and explain how you tried to overcome them.
List the expected and unexpected outcomes of your actions. To what degree did you meet your objectives? What additional outcomes did you engender? Provide evidence to back your claims.
Reflect on your experience. What transferable insights did you gain?
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- 21st Century Pedagogical Approaches using Innovative Technologies
- Alain Hickey's design narrative: Composition (4 comments)
- Alice La Rooy - Design Narrative for Excel Training (4 comments)
- Amanda Everitt’s design narrative: raising awareness between deaf and hearing students (6 comments)
- Amanda's design narrative (4 comments)
- Amy O'Donnell's Design Narrative: Ways to enhance learning by using Aurasma in the classroom (2 comments)
- Andrew Potter's design narrative: Out of the Comfort Zone: Teaching "soft skills" in maths (1 comment)
- Andrew Windram – Designing a New Users e-learning Course (H800 Apr 16)
- Andrew's Design Narrative
- Andy Brooks: Design Narrative, Reading for Gist (3 comments)
- Anita Houghton - Using the Internet to Learn Internet Communication Techniques. (H800 March 2016)
- Anna Calvi - OULive materials for an EAP/Business studies module (8 comments)
- Arike van de Water's Design Narrative: Hopping Around Tough Tenses
- Ashleigh's Design Narrative - Teaching Support Workers to Convert Print to Alternative Formats (3 comments)
- Avril Sweeney's Design Narrative, using the instant messenger to share whiteboards to instruct a colleague on the LMS (12 comments)
- Barbara's 'How to program a robot' design narrative
- Blair Frame - Childhood Studies Game Design Narrative
- Bob Bennell's design narrative: A one day personal development workshop 2014
- Brendan's design narrative - Interactive SMART Board Training (7 comments)
- Caroline Roberts Yoga Design Narrative (1 comment)
- Catherine's H800 Design Narrative: Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is... (1 comment)
- Chris Chandler's Design Narrative: Introducing and promoting a VLE to school departments. (1 comment)
- Clare Withers - Targeted websites (5 comments)
- Colin Brown's H800 Week 8/9 Design Narrative (7 comments)
- Creating A PDF Of Your Blog Using Adobe Acrobat Pro. (6 comments)
- Daisy's Design Narrative
- Darren Rees’ design narrative : Writing from direct experience (4 comments)
- Darren’s Design narrative (1 comment)
- David Appel’s design narrative: Developing blended learning elements which facilitate group work and peer-feedback (6 comments)
- David Collins' Design Narrative: Transforming Defence Media Training
- Deborah Judah's Design Narrative: e Assessment Conference Online
- Design narrative Dave Martin (2014) Meet the Author: The French Revolution 1789-1802 (3 comments)
- Design narrative for setting up Edmodo (1 comment)
- Design narrative for Technology in the classroom course, week 1
- Designing an NLP Workshop (5 comments)
- Ed Jones Design Narrative
- Eileen Vard's design narrative bathing a baby
- Elle's design narrative: A web training session (1 comment)
- Ellie Dommett's design narrative: Contemporary Issues in Neuroscience (5 comments)
- Emma Blake - TES course design (2 comments)
- ESOL and Mobile Learning
- Fiona's design narrative
- Foolin Around with Moodlin
- Frances Pigott's Design Narrative (6 comments)
- Frank BS March 2014 Design Narrative - Digital Tools in the Classroom (2 comments)
- Glenn Bosmans design narrative: standards for developing countries (1 comment)
- Graeme's Design Narrative - Testing Relationships (3 comments)
- Grant Penny's Design narrative of creating a computer-based student evaluation system.
- H800 week 8 Activity 2B Avril Sweeney's review of 2 representations
- H800 - Paul's Design Narative - It’s a Fair Cop (1 comment)
- H800 - Short Course On Game Development using Unity3D
- H800 (Terri's Group) Paul's PTLL Micro Teach
- H800 Avril Sweeney's personal review of Week 8 Activity 2A comparing representations
- H800 Rob Carter Design Narrative
- H800 Week 8/9 - Activities 4 & 5
- Hannah's design narrative: fraud awareness
- Hara Kyriakidou's narrative (1 comment)
- Jane Wagstaff Design Narrative: Applying Co-operative Values and Principles
- Jane's cloud for H800 design narratives: blood analysis (2 comments)
- Jo Richards' Design Narrative: Tweet without the Twitter (5 comments)
- Joe's design narrative: introducing interactive whiteboards within a high school department (3 comments)
- John Couperthwaite's Design Narrative (2 comments)
- Jonathan’s Design Narrative – Refreshing the Command, Leadership and Management (CLM) Programme
- Kate Evans' design narrative - An Employer's view of CVs
- Kate Lister’s design narrative: A Project-based learning (PBL) English language course using smartphones (6 comments)
- Kathryn Evans - Design Narrative - Enterprise Tycoon (5 comments)
- Katie Janota - Design narrative: Documenting students’ achievements for course accreditation
- Kerry O’Hanlon – Design Narrative - A Virtual Lesson with High School Students (6 comments)
- Kieran Mulchrone's Design Narrative: When the Lecturer goes missing! (4 comments)
- Kiran Gawali's Design Narrative:Learning about the Tree Octupus and Information Literacy (4 comments)
- Laura (H800 2016) Trying to Teach Theory!
- Learning about formal education in the past
- Learning Design Narrative For Web Support Training Programme (4 comments)
- Leo Römers' Design Narrative: Presenting a solution to a potential customer
- Linda audsley - Design Narrative - Two day coaching programme for engineers (1 comment)
- Lisa H: A first meeting with Moodle
- Lou Connelly (Terri's group) Design narrative: Active Learning in a Mathematics classroom (1 comment)
- Louise Doyle - Design Narrative for Time & Priorities Workshop
- Louise Worsley's design narrative: Risk management for project managers: Reflect & Learn (1 comment)
- Lydia's design narrative - PowerPoint panic! (1 comment)
- Lynne's design narrative cloud: Teaching new undergraduates literature (drama) analysis skills (6 comments)
- Mala H800 - Lecture in Ecommerce
- Mandy Honeyman - Design Narrative - Introducing the 3 d’s to new programmers 15B
- Martin Doran's H800 design narrative: Year 9 Geography Lesson
- Marvin's Design Narrative
- Maxine Armstrong's Design Narrative: workshop to demonstrate how to set-up a Blackboard module (3 comments)
- Michael Brown's Design Narrative: Presentation Skills and Motivation
- Michael Charlton's Design Narrative: Teaching information literacy in a law firm
- Michael's 1788 design narrative
- Minna's Design Narrative: Creative Digital Printing Workshop (2 comments)
- MKerr - Design Narrative, IT Data Security eLearning Module
- Morven Pringle's design narrative: Using Forum theatre to reduce conflict (4 comments)
- Nathan Casey's design narrative: Chinese (online) Camp (2 comments)
- Nicki Berry's design narrative: New Tutor Induction
- Nicki Berry's design narrative: Teaching to teach
- Nicola Dowson's Design Narrative (5 comments)
- Nicole's design narrative: Conflict Resolution
- Oriel's Design Narrative - Supporting positive feedback experiences following teaching observation
- Paul Crossman Design Narrative: Sound Designing with Absynth
- Paul's Representations
- Paula’s Design Narrative: Referencing Research Papers for Undergraduates (1 comment)
- Peter Scott Design Narrative - A remedial session with a Level 1 student
- Philip's Design Narrative: Making Thinking Visible (1 comment)
- Philip's Design Narrative: Making Thinking Visible
- Photography as vehicle for achievement in EFL
- Quest to achieve the optimum (3 comments)
- R.Sharp's design narrative: Personal study plan
- Rob Farrow's design narrative: Visualising OER Research (2 comments)
- Rob Moore's design Narrative: From MOD to Renewable Energy
- Rob Paddock’s design narrative – Strategy in the trenches (1 comment)
- Ruth Findlater's design narrative: teaching navigation (6 comments)
- Sabina's Design Narrative
- Seamus Mileys Design narrative - Introducing CNC machine programming to young engineers (1 comment)
- Sibylle Hyde - Personal Economics at GCSE (2 comments)
- Siobhan's DN: In pursuit of collaboration, and the drive to inform! (1 comment)
- SLowe's design narrative: The application of instructional design to the HE context
- Sophia Eco's design narrative: Make your own chair in the classroom (3 comments)
- Sreedhar's design narrative: Teaching medical students how to take blood (5 comments)
- Stephen Cope’s Design narrative – Preparing for the Equality Act 2010
- Steve's Design Narrative (1 comment)
- Steve’s Design Narrative: Jumbled Definitions
- Steven Herron’s design narrative: ESOL for Employability.
- Summary of learning from Design Narratives
- teo's design narrative: Should cultural artefacts be returned to their countries of origin? (3 comments)
- Teresa Morgan (Terri's group): the truth about teaching narrative March 2014
- Tim's Design Narrative for Online Reading Circles
- Title: Bringing ‘aerobic respiration’ to life through storytelling and characters.
- Tom Cheek's Design Narrative - Anatomy & Physiology (7 comments)
- Tom Hopper's Design Narrative: Improving Feedback (2 comments)
- Tracey Adams’s design narrative: Advanced clinical assessment protocol workshop
- Uffe Frandsens Design Narrative: What can you learn from making videos?
- Vibeke Fussing’s design narrative v2: Freaky Photos
- Vibeke Fussing’s design narrative: I’m not … the only gay in the college.
- Wayne's Design Narrative: The Best Laid Plans.... (3 comments)
- What is innovation? – Science and technology with ESL Students
- Will Woods Design Narrative: Evolution Megalab "snail hunt" a site for children to record biodiversity. (5 comments)
- Will's activity 1b cloud (1 comment)
- Yildizhan's Design Narrative: Theories of Learning (PTLLS) (2 comments)
- "Hi Leanne, i should have mapped the outcomes really, you are right it was evident as the feedback...
added to Andy Brooks: Design Narrative, Reading for Gist by Andy Brooks 5 days ago
- Martin Doran's H800 design narrative: Year 9 Geography Lesson
cloud added to the cloudscape H800 Design Narratives by Martin Doran on 12 April 2017
- "Hi Amy,
This session sounds great! I love Aurasma - it really has the wow factor! I like that your...
added to Amy O'Donnell's Design Narrative: Ways to enhance learning by using Aurasma in the classroom by Leanne Johnstone on 6 April 2017
- "Hi Andy,
This sounds like an interesting activity. I like how you have clearly explained what the...
added to Andy Brooks: Design Narrative, Reading for Gist by Leanne Johnstone on 6 April 2017
- "I have also learnt a lot from this. Thank you so much for sharing. ...
added to Amy O'Donnell's Design Narrative: Ways to enhance learning by using Aurasma in the classroom by Gospel Ikpeme on 5 April 2017
- My PPC design
new embedded content added to the cloud Katie Janota - Design narrative: Documenting students’ achievements for course accreditation by Katie Janota on 5 April 2017
- Tutor Induction CompendiumLD
Here is a link to my visual representation of this activity, created......"
on Nicki Berry's design narrative: New Tutor Induction by Nicki Berry on 4 April 2017
- In order to use Compendium D in a way that is more relevant to both my study and my work, i created......"
on Oriel's Design Narrative - Supporting positive feedback experiences following teaching observation by Oriel Butcher on 3 April 2017
- "Hey Will. I was trying not to pick examples to comment on which reflected my experiences but I...
added to Will's activity 1b cloud by Martin Kerr on 3 April 2017
- "I find it useful to see that you have had a very similar experience to me with regard to training...
added to Alice La Rooy - Design Narrative for Excel Training by Martin Kerr on 3 April 2017