FELS foundation degrees workshop
Open University workshop, 15th January 2009
Cloudscape created by:
12 January 2009
Foundation degrees workshop 15th January 2009
- To arrive at guiding principles for new foundation degrees (FDs) and to steer changes for existing foundation degrees.
- To agree on common approaches across all FELS FDs as appropriate.
The workshop is divided into 4 parts:
- Where we are now (a critical reflection on the current status of foundation degrees, key trends and associated challenges)
- Challenges (what are the key challenges associated with developing foundation degrees?)
- Experiences (sharing of ideas and strategies for addressing the challenges)
- Next steps (action plans as a result of the workshop).
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Awards not courses (modules) (8 comments)
- Addressing student overload (1 comment)
- Assessment for Foundation Degrees (4 comments)
- Building flexibility into the curriculum (5 comments)
- Developing curricula across different nation states
- Employer Engagement (3 comments)
- Experience of Foundation Degrees
- FELS foundation degrees workshop Discussion Area (1 comment)
- Integrating Student experience into learning - APEL (6 comments)
- Interactivity and collaboration
- New foundation degrees
- Overview of foundation degrees at the OU
- Sharing resources (3 comments)
- Skills for Independent Learning (4 comments)
- Study support (9 comments)
- Top issues cited with developing foundation degrees (1 comment)
- What would a new FD look like?
- "Yes! I totally agree with you, great work really appriciable task...
added to Awards not courses (modules) by Daisy simpson on 27 April 2017
- "I’ll add my point of view here, which I think could be an underlying system in which Amy's...
added to Awards not courses (modules) by Greg Thomas on 7 October 2013
- "Thanks Sally,
This work is very relevant to activities proposed by our librarians. As I mentioned...
added to Skills for Independent Learning by jen harvey on 27 October 2009
- "Hello Jen
Thanks for your comments. Since the Foundation Degree workshop, the Library team has been...
added to Skills for Independent Learning by Sally Baker on 27 October 2009
- "Hi Sally,
Yes this looks like an interesting. We have a group of enthusiastic librarians interested...
added to Skills for Independent Learning by jen harvey on 26 October 2009
- FELS foundation degrees workshop Discussion Area
cloud added to the cloudscape FELS foundation degrees workshop on 29 June 2009
Need to check authenticity of the person taking the diagnostic test.
added to Integrating Student experience into learning - APEL by Julia Platt on 15 January 2009
Over-assessment is result of everything being course based. If we were to move to award based...
added to Assessment for Foundation Degrees by Amy Brown on 15 January 2009
- "The idea of everyone starting with this screening seems one worth investigating to ensure that...
added to Integrating Student experience into learning - APEL by Caroline Heaney on 15 January 2009
added to Integrating Student experience into learning - APEL by Cathy Benjamin on 15 January 2009