FELS foundation degrees workshop
Open University workshop, 15th January 2009
Cloudscape created by:
12 January 2009
Foundation degrees workshop 15th January 2009
- To arrive at guiding principles for new foundation degrees (FDs) and to steer changes for existing foundation degrees.
- To agree on common approaches across all FELS FDs as appropriate.
The workshop is divided into 4 parts:
- Where we are now (a critical reflection on the current status of foundation degrees, key trends and associated challenges)
- Challenges (what are the key challenges associated with developing foundation degrees?)
- Experiences (sharing of ideas and strategies for addressing the challenges)
- Next steps (action plans as a result of the workshop).
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Awards not courses (modules) (10 comments)
- Addressing student overload (1 comment)
- Assessment for Foundation Degrees (4 comments)
- Building flexibility into the curriculum (5 comments)
- Developing curricula across different nation states
- Employer Engagement (3 comments)
- Experience of Foundation Degrees
- FELS foundation degrees workshop Discussion Area (1 comment)
- Integrating Student experience into learning - APEL (6 comments)
- Interactivity and collaboration
- New foundation degrees
- Overview of foundation degrees at the OU
- Sharing resources (3 comments)
- Skills for Independent Learning (4 comments)
- Study support (9 comments)
- Top issues cited with developing foundation degrees (1 comment)
- What would a new FD look like?