A discussion about the OU's eLC
Cloudscape created by:
17 February 2009
Who are we?
The eLearning Community (eLC) is an informal community of over 300 Open University staff who are interested in eLearning. The eLC was founded in 2006 under the leadership of Chris Pegler.
What do we do?
We organise monthly events at the OU's Walton Hall campus in Milton Keynes which typically feature a series of short presentations about the use of eLearning within Higher Education and updates on research projects. They are not training events but rather a place for sharing and discussing practice, developments and lessons learnt. Events are open to anyone in the OU and not just members of the community and are webcast for OU staff who could not attend.
Details of recent and future events are featured in Clouds in this Cloudscape and links to them are listed below.
Dates for your diary
- 14 May 2013 - User Generated Content
- 26 June 2013- Data wrangling
The eLC Digest is a monthly email containing an interesting collection of information about eLearning related events within and beyond the OU and items from the media compiled by Jim Ellis, with contributions from members and non-members alike who have information they would like to share. The Digest is also published on Cloudworks where you can read the most recent editions.
How do I become a member?
Reflecting the informal nature of the eLC, to 'join' all you have to do is subscribe to the eLC's mailing list.
For members of staff at the OU, go the OU mailing lists, look for 'strategy-elearning-community-list' and click on 'Subscribe'. If you are a tutor you should use your OU email address without the final 'open.ac.uk' - for example 'xyz123@tutor'.
For anyone else, please contact Jim Ellis to subscribe to the mailing list
Clouds in this Cloudscape
- Addressing assessment of media-rich artefacts
- Assessment and Curriculum Design: Social Sciences
- Curriculum business models
- eLC Event: PVC-LT scholarship projects: Show & Tell + Workshop on Digital Scholarship - how to publish with impact
- eLearning Community Event: Data Wrangling
- eLearning Community Event: eBooks and related technologies
- eLearning Community Event: eSTEeM Themed Event
- eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future (5 comments)
- eLearning Community Event: Moving to the Elluminate replacement
- eLearning Community Event: Peer Collaboration and Group Work
- eLearning Community Event: User Generated Content
- eLearning Community: Work in progress
- Elluminating the student experience - Associate Lecturers and other experts
- Faculty of Education and Language Studies: Level 1 online - the challenges
- FELS Department of Languages
- Focus on younger students
- Future VLE 2011 (1 comment)
- Inquiry to Innovation: Approaches to Teaching STEM Practice at a distance
- Learning from Languages at the OU and beyond: Apps, repositories, telecollaboration and more ...
- Low-cost experiential mobile learning and user-generated content - stories from Sydney
- Mapping and eLearning
- Open tools for teaching and learning: corpora and eportfolios
- OpenOpen (Open University and Open Educational Resources: sharing research and practice) (1 comment)
- Podcasting and public engagement
- Raspberry Pi workshop
- Technology-enhanced assessment
- The future of the VLE at the Open University? What would you like it to be? (1 comment)
- The Open University Business School and elearning
- The OU and elearning: How eprepared are we?
- The OU: working with partners overseas
- The Practical Sandpit (2 comments)
- The value of typologies of engagement
- Two approaches to learner-enhanced online environments
- User Generated Content
- "This link becomes live just prior to the event.
added to eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future by Lynda Davies on 13 March 2013
- "shall we use #elcmoocs?...
added to eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future by Yishay Mor on 13 March 2013
- "Is there a twitter tag for this event? Currently got image but no sound from the live stream?...
added to eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future by Joshua Underwood on 13 March 2013
- "Hello Briar
Yes, you can share the link to the streamed event whether within the OU or externally....
added to eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future by Lynda Davies on 8 March 2013
- "Hello, will try to join the event remotely. Can you share the link to the streamed...
added to eLearning Community Event: MOOCs at the Open University: past, present and future by Briar Jamieson on 7 March 2013
- "If you have questions that you would like to put to the speakers please note this below or email...
added to OpenOpen (Open University and Open Educational Resources: sharing research and practice) by Chris Pegler on 11 November 2011
- "I'd like people to use the discussion space here to continue some of the discussions from the...
added to Future VLE 2011 by Will Woods on 1 November 2011
- "Hi Chris,
This is something I'm thinking about in the light of how the sandpit wll finally...
added to The Practical Sandpit by Paul Hatherly on 15 October 2010
- "Hi Paul,
How will we use this in practice. If I have an experiment resource, how do I put it into...
added to The Practical Sandpit by Chris Barrett on 15 October 2010
- "We're going to try and capture some of the discussions here. One of the "tables" for the world cafe...
added to The future of the VLE at the Open University? What would you like it to be? by Will Woods on 8 October 2010