Hazel Owen Follow
eThos Consultancy NZ
I am an ICT enhanced learning and teaching Consultant with eThos Consultancy NZ. I have a keen interest in all aspects of ICT Enhanced Learning and Teaching (ICTELT) where the focus lies on ways of scaffolding and empowering learners. In particular, I am interested in the way that creative, blended approaches to Academic Professional Development can create trust, rapport and encourage reflective practice. As such, ICTELT is approached from facilitation, design, evaluation and assessment as opposed to the tools and what they can offer.
I am a strong advocate of the potential of Web 2.0 to empower learners from all walks of life and cultures, especially after my experiences working for 6 years in the Middle East. In particular, I am interested how ePortfolios can be used in the VET sector (especially where Literacy and Language challenges are faced), in Recognition of Prior Learning, and in authentic, applied assessment.
I have been involved with designing and developing ICTELT approaches and programmes for ten years. Following research informed approaches and design, I apply a qualitative, iterative process to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions, programmes and tools, encouraging learners' voices and input from all stakeholders.
Institution: eThos Consultancy NZ
Hazel Owen's Clouds
Hazel Owen's Cloudscapes
- "Owen, H., & Martin, H. (2010). Multimedia enhancement of opportunities and outcomes for learners......"
reference added to the cloud Multimedia enhancement of opportunities & outcomes for learners engaged in open, flexible & distance learning: theory & practice by Hazel Owen on 23 April 2010
- Multimedia enhancement of opportunities & outcomes for learners engaged in open, flexible & distance learning: theory & practice
new cloud created by Hazel Owen on 23 April 2010
- Design for ICT Enhanced Learning and Teaching (ICTELT) Discussion Area
new cloud created by Hazel Owen on 29 June 2009
- A flexible model for LMS course design
new cloud created by Hazel Owen on 2 December 2008
- "One of the great things about adding the timing to the task is a suggestion of the amount of...
new comment on the cloud Adding timing information to an activity by Hazel Owen on 1 December 2008
- "This link is on the OU Web site and needs an OU log in - is there anyway I can access these case...
new comment on the cloud OU e-learning case studies by Hazel Owen on 1 December 2008