This Privacy notice
document sets out what we do with your personal data in relation to the
Clouds, comments, content and personal data that you submit to the Cloudworks website
document applies to you for your use of the Cloudworks website (https://cloudworks.ac.uk).
1. Who we are
3 The Open University is the data controller in relation to the processing activities described below.
This means that the Open University decides why and how your personal information is processed.
Where this document refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless it mentions otherwise, it’s referring to The Open University.
2. Legal notice
5. We will at all times only collect and process your personal information in
accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including the
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and the
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
3. What information do we collect about you, and how do we collect it?
3.1. Information that you give to us
When you register on the website, we collect the following data: username, e-mail address, full name, institution (organization), country and password. There is the option for you to add the name of your institutional department, and a photo or image of yourself. This information is held by the OU Learning and Teaching Technologies (LTT) team, and will be stored separately to any other records the University holds about you.
We collect anonymised data and create cookies via a service (e.g. Google Analytics) to understand usage patterns on the website.
We log IP addresses and browser information in an anonymised manner
4. How do we use your personal information?
We collect your personal information to allow you to login, comment on other people's content, and create your own Clouds, Cloudscapes and other content.
We also use your data
personal information to enable us to improve the website.
5. Who do we share your information with?
10 The public and logged in users can browse the Cloudworks website, and view information on your user-profile:
full-name, institution, department, and your profile image or photo.
It is part of our public task to enable collaboration around learning design and educational research, through tools like Cloudworks.
6. Sharing and transferring data
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the Open University European Economic Area.
7. How long do we keep your personal information for?
14 We will normally keep your data for as long as necessary to give you access to the Website.
If you have not used your account in the last 12-months then your account may be classed as dormant or may be deleted.
If you request us to delete your account, then we will do so immediately.
If your account is deleted then your personal information is deleted immediately.
8. Your rights
17 You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, which apply in certain circumstances.
In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details in section 9 of this document. 18 You have the right
- To access your personal information that we process
- To rectify inaccuracies in the personal information that we hold about you
- In some circumstances, you also have the right
- To have your details removed from systems that we use to process your personal data
- To restrict the processing of your personal data in certain ways
- To obtain a copy of your personal data in a structured electronic data file
- To object to certain processing of your personal data by us
- To request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications.
If you are concerned about the way we have processed your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO’s website www.ico.org.uk for further details.
9. Contact us
19 Please direct any queries about this document or about the way we process your personal information to our Data Protection Officer using the contact details below.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)1908 653994
- By post: The Data Protection Officer, PO Box 497, The Open University, Walton Hall, Milton Keynes MK7 6AT.
20 This Privacy notice may be updated from time to time.
Policy last updated: .