This activity is a variant on the idea of a webquest, it provides a fun ways of exploring the cloudworks site.
Badge created by:
29 November 2012
This badge has been designed to introduce and welcome you to the Cloudworks site. You will be awarded the badge once you have finished the Cloudquest. The Cloudquest instructions are:
- If you haven't already done so, create a Cloudworks account (you can view anything on the site, but to post comments or add anything you need an account)
- Spend a max of ten minutes exploring Cloudworks (suggested stategies - browse clouds and cloudscapes, enter keywords in search, explore by tags, look at individual people's profiles
- You may wish to open your search in a new tab or page in your browser so that you can easily navigate back to this cloud
- Find one interesting Cloud
- Post a comment on the Cloudquest Cloud with the name of the Cloud with a hyperlink to it and include your reasons for why you like it
- Review other entries
- Vote for favourite entry using the survey
- A summary of the survey will be posted on the activity Cloud in due course
To provide evidence that you have completed the Cloudquest, please add the URL for the Cloudquest activity Cloud that contains you comments when you apply for the badge.
Applying for a badge
Once you have decided that you want to work towards a particular badge, make a note of the criteria and begin work.
This may mean engaging in a course or activity. The badge issuer may have been quite specific about how you could provide evidence, but if they haven't, you must decide how best to do it. Your evidence might consist of a reflective blog post, or a photo, a document, a diagram, a screen shot, or an activity stream and you will need to be able to link to all your evidence via one URL - so it needs to be held online somewhere.
If you have a number of different pieces of evidence that you want to submit, the easiest way of doing this is to set up a Cloud. Use the text box to describe your evidence and how it meets the criteria and then 'Add content', 'Add embedded content' or 'Add link' for as many pieces of evidence as you need. Then copy and paste the URL for you evidence Cloud into this page.