Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Lucie - Comparison of the 4Ts model and the e-Design Template
Cloud created by:
15 April 2017
Comparison of the 4Ts model and the e-Design Template
- Both easy to read and understand.
- The diagrams are self-explanatory without reading the text.
- The e-Design template seems more comprehensive and provides more details about the individual stages. The timeline is also useful.
- Both visually descriptive.
- The learning design is represented in a structured format.
- The e-design template is perhaps more descriptive at giving the designer a clear guidance.
- Neither 4Ts or e-design are driven by the use of a particular technology.
- E-design seems more useful for longer periods of learning although the review suggests it’s used for shorter sessions as well.
- 4Ts seems more flexible, giving the designer more space for customisation.
- The principles of the e-design template focus of the different types of interaction moving from tutor led activities to guided exploration and developing self-organised study.