Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Resource: Seven top tips for designs
Ideas for effective learning design
Cloud created by:
1 September 2009
- Learning activities and assignments mapped to learning outcomes
- Appropriate mix of types of tasks (assimilative, information handling, communicative, productive, experiential, simulation)
- Appropriate (and timely) tutor support
- Appropriate use (and good blend) of technologies
- Alignment with current subject (and professional) domain trends
- Promotes good pedagogy (active learning, inquiry learning, problem-based learning, constructivist approaches, reflective, dialogic)
- Strategic and effective design process [4 aspects: context, tools/resources, pedagogy, tasks]
- What are your views on these?
- How could these be used?
- Has anyone got any other suggestions?
- Learning Design toolbox
- Workshop: Brunel University: Blended Design
- Workshop: The OU Learning Design Initiative: tools and resources for supporting new aproaches to design
- Curriculum Design Fest London South Bank University May 2010
- Workshop: Brunel University: Freedoms offered by SR2: Tools for change
- Reading Curriculum Design Workshop: New approaches to the design of blended learning
- The Cambridge International Conference on Open and Distance Learning