Olnet - feedback in a physical space
A visual representation and collective intelligence exercise at the 'Mapping and Bridging workshop'
Cloud created by:
1 October 2009
Thurs, 1st Oct 2009, Venue Design Observatory, Venables Building OU.
A gathering to discuss the connections amongst the various OER and web 2.0 projects existing in the university took place. Representatives from projects such as OLnet, Atelier-D, OpenLearn, SCORM, LDI, iSpot, the TERG research group and the OU Library.
It's intringuing how using 'conventional media' like pens and images from magazines we managed to visualise and represent Olnet.
Even more interesting were the perceptions of participants and their feedback. I am trying to include some here:
- How could it link with JISC JORUM initiative and 'community bay'?
- how do we improve resource discovery to deliver targetted and appropriate level material for reuse/repurposing?
- Meta analysis of use is needed
- how do we learn more about the sue of OERs? trough which methods?
- OER international: all age groups, different cultures, web 2.0 tools
- Are you investigating visualisations of qualitative/quant research data?
- Researching 'known unknowns'
- Communities of learners, delivery, designing, fostering?
- global learning and cultures?
Perhaps OLnet has something to contribute in all four themes that emerged from the workshop including:
- models of learning
- models of communication / in social spaces
- models of communication / tools for sharing
- models of design