Bringing together 8 JISC services
Cloud created by:
7 October 2009
From the website:
A new organisation called JISC Advance launches this week which will bring together eight established JISC services as part of JISC’s ongoing strategy to deliver world-class support to colleges and universities.
JISC Digital Media
- JISC Digital Media provides advice, guidance and training on the creation and use of digital media for learning, teaching and research. Digital media covers still images, moving images and sound resources.
- JISC infoNet is a leading UK advisory service providing resources to help the effective strategic planning, implementation and management of technologies in the education sector.http://www.jiscinfonet.ac.uk/
- JISC Legal provide legal information to prevent legal issues from becoming a barrier to the adoption of information and communications technologies in learning, teaching, research, administration and wider community activities.
- JISCMail also known as the ‘National Mailing List Service’ is an information resource containing a wealth of academic intellect and is a key tool for disseminating knowledge, experience, fostering collaboration and sharing good practice across the UK and Global academic communities.
- JISC Netskills provides high quality staff development services, helping institutions make effective use of innovative ICT for teaching and learning, research, administration, marketing and other activities.
- JISC Procureweb is a procurement support service for the UK higher and further education sectors and Research Councils. Providing a wide range of procurement related tools, information, systems JISC Procureweb supports those who participate within the procurement process.
JISC RSC UK
- JISC Regional Support Centre UK exists to advise the learning providers of designated sectors in realising their ambitions in the deployment of ICT to achieve their organisational goals. The network of JISC RSCs operates as a national service, responsive to local needs through a strong sense of local ownership.
- JISC TechDis has resources, materials and techniques, coupled with advice and guidance to assist practitioners and managers to provide an accessible and inclusive experience for students and staff. JISC TechDis can help all post-16 providers who are concerned with supporting diverse learner needs to make technologies for innovative personalised teaching and learning part of their solution.