Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Design tips: Learning tasks
Help and useful resources about learning tasks
Cloud created by:
11 October 2009
A few years ago I devised a learning activity taxonomy which defines the components involved in a learning activity. There are six types of tasks which a student might do as part of the learning activity:
- Assimilative (attending and understanding content),
- Information handling (gathering & classifying resources, manipulating data),
- Adaptive (use of modelling or simulation software),
- Communicative (dialogic activities; pair dialogue, group-based discussions),
- Productive (construction of an artefact:essay, chemical compound, sculpture)
- Experiential (practising skills in context or undertaking an investigation).