Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Resource: Five-category course map representation
Version 1 of the Course map. Developed as part of the OU Course Business Models project and Learning Design Initiative
Cloud created by:
12 October 2009
This representation enables you to view a course at "a glance". It shows the key components of the course in terms of five main facets:
- Guidance and support
- Information and experience
- Communication and interaction
- Thinking and reflection
- Evidence and demonstration
The first being the support structure provided the next three the types of learning the student does and the last the way in which the learning is assessed.
Three variants of this representation are provided below:
- A tablular version giving further information about each of the facets, along with examples.
- A 2-D map of the OU's KE312 course (created by Mick Jones).
- A 3-D version which shows how both the guidance and support, and the evidence and demonstation link to all three types of learning the students does.
Recently we have refined our thinking on this and have condensed the catgories into four - see related cloud.