Composing your Learning Environment II
Cloud created by:
5 November 2009
Led by Wilbert Kraan and Sheila MacNeill
Woa... So, first there was a review of some models for VLEs/ PLEs - some mentions of IMS common cartridge, that, Icondian (?), Plug-jam...
- The VLE, then PLE, then…
One system in the cloud, many outlets? "Icodian" (Acordian)? IMS cartridge player/platform.
- Widget platform.
- IMS LIS / IMS LTI
- Widget platform - (IMS LTI) - VLE
- Student record system
- Blog - (w3 widget) - widget platform
- Blog - Facebook
- Blog - netvibes/ Phone app.
2 versions of SCORM in the wild:
- SCORM 1.2
- SCORM 2004 - with sequencing - not natively supported by many systems.
Model 3. - many widgets from the web, into one Widget container.
- OER query, Slideshare, Subject community Ning site, YouTube channel ….
Model 4. many providers, many clients (eg. Google Wave)
- OER query, MyUni Wave Server - wave federation protocol - Google Wave server
- My Uni Wave server - wave client-server protocol - MyUni Wave client
- … YouTube.
Model 5. (VLE is) both a provider and a client
- Sakai 3 - OpenSocial - Orkut
- Sakai 3 - W3 widget - Blog OR Phone app.
- Sakai 3 - IMS LIS - Student record system
Wookie / widgets - Scott Wilson
- Installing a widget.
- Wookie, started at CETIS, now on Apache incubator - a Widget engine.
- Bridge to Shindig - OpenSocial platform/container.
- Getwookie.org/moodle/ - University of Bolton VLE.
- "Charlie Hirsute" - presenter's alter ego at Getwookie.org - Scott Wilson ? (CETIS)
- Wave test: Sudoku - widget.
- Natter - chat widget.
- OMTP mobile consortium - (Bonsai?).
- share state between containers - WikiWookie running on Moodle, on Wordpress.
- Works/plugins for with Moodle, Sharepoint, ELGG, Wordpress, LAMS …
- Wookie REST API - full GET POST DELETE.
- EMML mashup engine (EMML - Enterprise Mashup Markup Language, another open standard).
- Vodafone Betavine web site.
(Wired.com - powered by Wordpress.)
Google Wave - Pat Parslow
- gsrchbot: A search bot. search for things, eg. SScholar(facebook). - Google scholar - he wrote.
- @mhawksey (Martin) - embedding Wave in Blackboard.
- Brains.parslow.net - Drupal.
10:33 on 11 November 2009 (Edited 21:45 on 17 November 2009)