Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Setting up a flash debate
Guidance on setting up a flash debate cloud
Cloud created by:
6 November 2009
Here are some tips and hints for setting up a successful flash debate:
- Set up a cloud around a question/issue for debate, you need to ensure that this is something people will be interested in and want to discuss - something contentious is good!
- Add to the flash debate cloudscape
- Pick a time-period for discussions around the cloud – say 1 - 2 weeks
- Disseminate via twitter and facebook - if you want us to help to, let us know by e-mail email@example.com
- Appoint someone to facilitate the debate and to periodically summarise discussions as additional content on the cloud
- Periodically re-disseminate to keep the debate going
- Encourage participants to add relevant links and references
- Provide a short summary for closure, although of course people might naturally keep commenting!
- Have a look at the existing flash debates in the flash debate cloudscape.