JISC at Ascilite 2009
A page to share questions and discussion around the conference
Cloud created by:
24 November 2009
This is a space for those in the UK who are at the Ascilite conference to discuss and review what trends, issues and challenges are emerging from the conference, in order to inform a report which will go to colleagues at JISC. Your input would be very welcome. I've added a set of questions that I and other colleagues are particularly interested in finding some answers to, so through the conference please do add to the answers and add your own questions!
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the general trends emerging in e-learning in Australia and New Zealand?
- What are the key issues / challenges facing higher and further education?
- What approaches NZ is taking to embedding elearning into learning and teaching practice in further and higher education?
- What are the benefits of having a coordinated, nation-wide approach to some areas. Eg. They have government-funded 'Shared Services' in place (e.g. a Unique Student Identifier - what benefits has this brought? Have they explored piggy-backing more complex Shared Services such as national e-portfolio systems and what conclusions have they reached?)
- Where are they up to with sharing learning content and open educational resource type of issues? Again, I think they invested in this in the past through participating in the Learning Federation content but where are they going now?
e-Portfolio related questions:
- To what extent are e-portfolios in use in schools, colleges, Universities, professional sectors?
- What are the main drivers of use?
- Who are the main players?
- What tools are in use?
- Is Mahara part of a strategic initiative, and if so how is this being taken forward?
- Within institutions, how is e-portfolio provision organised?
- Does your institution engage staff in the use of e-portfolios for staff professional development activities? E.g. new lecturer training
- How widely are e-portfolios used in your institution? E.g. one course or several courses?
- What are e-portfolios being used for? E.g. supoprting transition, work-based learning or assessment?
- Which learning processes are being supported by e-portfolios? E.g. reflection, planning.
14:20 on 24 November 2009 (Edited 01:29 on 2 December 2009)