Activity: Ascilite workshop cloudquest challenge
Learning design workshop, 6th December 2009
Cloud created by:
25 November 2009
This activity is a variant on the idea of a webquest, it provides a fun ways of exploring the cloudworks site and sharing findings. The aim is to explore the site and to give you an idea of what it contains and how it can be used.
- Cluster into teams of 3 or 4
- If you haven't already done so, create a Cloudworks account (you can view anything on the site, but to post comments or add anything you need an account)
- Spend a max of fifteen minutes exploring cloudworks (suggested stategies - browse clouds and cloudscapes, enter keywords in search, explore by tags, look at individual people's profiles
- You may wish to open your search in a new tab or page in your browser so that you can easily navigate back to this cloud
- If you are new to cloudworks you might like to take a look at our 'using cloudworks cloudscape'.
- How many people with the firstname "Sue" are registered with cloudworks?
- How many people are registered with cloudworks from "The Open University"?
- How many people are following Rebecca Galley?
- Name three of the people Grainne Conole is following
- Find an interesting cloud on collaborative learning
- Find a cloudscape that was set up for a conference
- Find a cloud you thiink is particularly interesting, say why you like it
- What can you find in the site on mindmapping tools?
- What kinds of clouds and cloudscapes have been tagged with the word "twitter"?
- What's the latest cloud that has been added to the site?
- What is the latest link that has been added to the flash debate cloudscape?
- What three words would you use to describe cloudworks?
- Write up your findings as a group on the flipchart, but although feel free to add additional comments/reflections here, but note that anything you post here is open for anyone to see!
- Vote for your favourite cloud or cloudscape using the survey
- Use this cloud to record any thoughts or impressions