Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Information literacy at the OU
An overview of current work in IL at the OU
Cloud created by:
12 March 2010
OU Library staff support the OU's Learning and Teaching Strategy by working towards the integration of information literacy into the curriculum.
We have also developed our own courses with OU colleagues, such as The evolving information professional and TU120 Beyond Google (which has now finished presentation). Current work includes:
- a levels framework for IL at masters level, which builds on the undergraduate levels framework now in use by OU module and programme teams, and aims to encourage progression
- supporting Open University tutors in their IL skills development, to enable them to help students develop IL skills
- producing an evaluation and benchmarking framework for IL materials
- creating guidelines for authoring IL materials, and assessing IL
- together with other key OU partners, investigating digital literacies and mapping the overlaps between information and digital literacy