Focus groups are moderated meetings of 'involved' people discussing their experience of an...
Cloud created by:
22 March 2010
Focus groups are moderated meetings of 'involved' people discussing their experience of an educational intervention. They are a useful tool for formative/developmental or summative/retrospective evaluation and can serve as a single, self-contained method or link to other evaluation activities.
A focus group is a type of survey method. Other survey methods include individual interviews or online questionnaires. Conducting a survey should be done systematically. Some of the major steps in the survey process are:
- Determine the survey goal.
- Select a representative sample.
- Generate the questions.
- Construct the instrument (questionnaire, interview protocol, or focus group protocol).
- Test the instrument.
- Administer the instrument.
- Analyze the data.
- Share and use the results.
15:40 on 13 February 2013