Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Activity: 20 minutes: Course Map
Cloud created by:
21 April 2010
As part of our Learning Design/Course Business Models work we have been developing a number of views of a course. One is a Course Map (or at a glance) view, which represents the course in terms of four categories:
- Content and Activities
- Communication and Collaboration
- Guidance and Support
- Reflection and Demonstration
This essentially is a refinement of an earlier view which was based on five categories.
Using the Course map guide, fill in each of the 6 boxes to provide an ‘at a glance’ representation of your module or course (10mins).
What you need
- Course Map guide. See embedded image below
- Blank Course Map
- An activity, module or course to experiment with mapping
Consider the following questions:
- Who might be interested in seeing this view?
- [How] can you ensure that the text that is added is appropriate for everyone you listed above?
- At what point or points in the course design process do you think course teams should complete this document?
- (For support teams) How might this 'at a glance' representation support discussions with course teams about the resources, tools, advice and activities your unit offers? (5 mins)
This activity format is based on the e-tivity format developed by the Adelie Project Team working on the Carpe Diem project.
- Learning Design toolbox
- Curriculum Design Fest London South Bank University May 2010
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, UK, Sep 2010
- Workshop: Brunel University: Freedoms offered by SR2: Tools for change
- ConnectEd Conference Learning Design Workshop
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, Cyprus, Sep 2010
- Reading Curriculum Design Workshop: New approaches to the design of blended learning
- Workshop - Conole:
- Usable Representations of Learning Design for Educators and Instructional Designers
- How to leverage open resources and practices for your teaching
- Workshop: New approaches for designing for learning
- New dynamics of learning
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, UK, June 2011
- ARTiFactor's OLDS MOOC portfolio