Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Activity: 60 mins: Comparing four web 2.0 tools
For this activity you will be introduced to four web 2.0 tools that can be used in the classroom...
Cloud created by:
10 June 2010
Click on the image to enlarge
This activity will introduce you to four web 2.0 tools that can be used in the classroom, and offers a framework to help you consider how they might impact on teaching and learning:
Tools and Resources
Links (see below right)
ICT 2D Framework template (se below).
Comparing 4 web 2.0 tools
- Visit the tool websites and read their introductions to the tools
- Watch the 3 slideshows and 1 read the 1 blog post giving ideas about how these tools can be used in the classroom
- Map each of the 4 tools onto the ICT 2D framework template and share your map (either text or make a jpeg and put onto Flickr)
- How might this exercise help you make decisions about which tools to use in your classroom?
- Do people perceive the tools in the same way? If not, what factors might change the way we perceive technological tools?
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, UK, Sep 2010
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, Cyprus, Sep 2010
- Workshop - Conole:
- How to leverage open resources and practices for your teaching
- Workshop: New approaches for designing for learning
- New dynamics of learning
- Workshop: Using Technologies in Teaching, UK, June 2011