Minutes: Disabilities Panel Meeting. 17/06/2010
GMPD, Scotland. Present:- Apologies:- None. Minutes of the previous meeting had been...
Cloud created by:
18 June 2010
Minutes of the previous meeting had been circulated and approved.
Matters Arising:- 1. Congratulations on all panel members being re-elected and on this year's panel being recognised by SG! Many thanks to all for volunteering again.
2. Individuals will check that they are using the most recent code of points for Men's and Women's Artistic.
3. Gymnasts must show an attempt at a move (re. NDP competitions) in order not to incur large deductions from their score. This applies even in cases of limited ability, where a pose heading towards the required element will be accepted as an attempt.
Judge's discretion - a verbal confirmation by gymnast may be allowed to clarify the element being attempted.
4. It was suggested that the 2010 Scottish Voluntaries become an Open or Invitational event to encourage building relationships with other clubs and participation in top-level disability sport. To this end there would be no beginners / floor and vault competition at the event.
Clubs attending will be asked to bring a judge, where possible.
5. The disabilities page of the SG website is badly in need of being (more regularly) updated. Pictures have been sent in and not displayed. Competition results have not been sent in and should be.
Agenda:- 1. Rhythmic gymnastics coaching courses for coaching level 1 had not gone ahead, so N and S were unable to attend. J was unable to attend the revised date of the rhythmic judging course.
It was proposed that other people may be found who are willing to take the coaching course in order that enough people enrole for SG to run a course with 8 participants.
It was proposed that other rhythmic contacts may be sought for additional support of GMPD rhythmic development in City of Glasgow GC.
2. Establishing start values and standardising the scoring of NDP routines at Scottish and British Championships remained unlikely.
3. Saturday 9th October 2010 proposed as a possible date to hold the Scottish Voluntary Competition at Bellahouston Leisure Centre. NB THIS IS THE WEEKEND OF THE POOLE OPEN (Sat 9th Oct trampoline and rhythmic, Sun 10th Oct artistic).
4. The closing date would then be Friday 10th September 2010.
5. The panel wishes to meet between the reception of all entries and the running of the Scottish Voluntaries. Thursday 16th September, 17.30 was proposed. Panel members will be e-mailed.
4. No International training camps are taking place in 2010.
5. No GMPD affiliation with the Commonwealth Games is expected.
Date of next meeting