Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
Presentation: Frank Rennie (UHI): Using OER for course design
Prof. Frank Rennie talked about sideCAP, an EU funded project aiming to improve the quality and...
Cloud created by:
22 June 2010
Prof. Frank Rennie talked about sideCAP, an EU funded project aiming to improve the quality and flexibility of distance eudcation provision on a sustainable basis. The project's main focus is on Open Educational Resources and the delivery of teacher training in new technologies for developing OER in their course designs.
Interesting presentation capturing the essence of OER within the cotext of course design.
Prof. Rennie touched upon many aspects of the discussion on supporting teachers finding, using and repurposing OER materials that took place on Eluminate prior to his presentation. These involved:
- Changing mindsets of teachers and institutions in sharing materials openly
- Addressing the issue of quality
- Improve awareness and findability, while tackling issues of confidence and adaptability
- Learn to develop materials and teach in an open fashion
- Foster instituional support for the development of skills and technical capabilities to customise what's available.
- write 'wrap-around' pedagogical materials that contextualise and support the learning resources
12:01 on 22 June 2010 (Edited 12:32 on 22 June 2010)