Cloudworks is no longer accepting new user registrations, and will be closing down on 24th June 2019. We hope to make a read-only archive of the site available soon after.
ESRC Seminar Series on Careers Work in the UK
Against a turbulent policy background in which the profession of careers guidance is being reviewed...
Cloud created by:
8 September 2010
- To deconstruct and reframe the professional identities of careers guidance and careers practitioners in the context of UK service delivery policies.
- To foster interdisciplinary and inter-sectoral dialogue by bringing key stakeholders together to debate issues of mutual interest.
- To contribute to policy about the future shape of services and building workforce capacity.
The seminar series will:
- Examine careers guidance workers' perceptions of their actual and ideal professional roles.
- Identify features of a range of practices and how each is effective in particular settings.
- Explore how best to develop integrated practice that enables access to opportunity in culturally diverse and disadvantaged settings.
- Evaluate existing, emerging and potential uses of digital technologies to deliver enhanced careers-work practice.
- Suggest how emerging career theory can most usefully be embedded in developing practice.
For further information about the seminar series, please go to the ESRC Seminar Series Cloudscape.